The body’s energies are at the core of our wellbeing and emotional health. Energy healing is only recently being used in Western medicine and is believed to have an impressive effect upon clients.
Many energy healing techniques involve the use of unconventional putative energy which can only be seen or measured by the practitioner’s senses. Furthermore, energy medicine works with the body to enable its own natural healing powers by restoring, repairing and rebalancing energies that have been unsettled or have become low. Energy medicine can also be used by the client at home.
Various energy methods can be used in order to prevent or treat illness or relieve the client of pain. During energy healing therapy sessions, practitioners tap, massage, pinch and move their hands gently across energy paths of their client’s body as well as connecting acupoints, and using body posture and other exercises. Opinions are divided as to whether energy healing can only occur through the hands or if energy healing can occur through other methods such as energy medicines.
Energy medicine works in an economical and non-invasive way to:
- Tackle disrupted energies at their source to counteract many physical complaints
- Regulate the body’s biological processes
- Soothe and prevent illness
- Incorporate other methods of therapy such as prayer and distance healing
- Strengthen the bond between mind, spirit and body for overall wellbeing
Types of Energy Medicine:
- Emotional freedom technique (EFT)
- Shamanic healing
- Healing Touch and Restorative Touch
- Crystal therapy