Depression is now so common that everyone needs to know how easy it can be to treat – especially as it can lead to suicide. This workshop saves lives.
What will you learn
- Clear, practical steps for lifting even severe depression
- What to do if you suspect someone may be feeling suicidal
- New insights into why depressed people wake up tired and unmotivated, and what to do about it
- Information about the links between inflammation and depression
- Demonstrations of the skills that quickly break the cycle of depression, move people on and prevent relapse
- A profound understanding of why these work and are a big improvement on drug therapy
- Practice sessions in using these proven skills and techniques yourself
- How to establish what’s not working in a person’s life and why, using a case history
- Techniques for tackling rigid thinking, negative expectancy and the pessimistic rumination that causes depression
- How to work with your clients to find effective ways they can get their innate emotional needs met well and in balance
- A range of additional useful tips and strategies that you can easily incorporate into your wor
- The opportunity to watch a film of master therapist Joe Griffin working quickly and successfully with a highly depressed patient
You will also have plenty of time to ask questions of the highly knowledgeable tutor, who is also a practising therapist herself.