Every person is surrounded by subtle bodies which are the electro-magnetic energy fields that permeates their bodies and forms the human aura. Crystal therapists believe that the vibrations released by crystals bring these energy fields back to their original frequencies.
Crystal practitioners place crystals on their client’s fully clothed body at pressure points, chakra sites or energy meridians, aiming to diminish their client’s stress or pain and rebalance their energy. Different crystals are used and placed on different areas to relieve the client of specific issues. Each practitioner will choose which crystals to use accordingly. For instance, amethyst soothes the mind, yellow citrine has an uplifting effect and rose quartz can help with heartache.
Practitioners often use crystals connected to specific chakras on the client’s body. Chakras absorb life energy into the body and therefore these points connect the energy fields and the client’s emotions and glands to restore the body’s energy balance.
Crystals Associated with the Seven Chakras:
- Root Chakra: rubies, garnet onyx, red jasper
- Navel Chakra: hematite, orange zincite, moonstone, carnelian
- Solar Plexus: topaz, citrine, amber
- Heart Chakra: rose quartz, chinese fluorite
- Throat Chakra: turquoise, blue lace agate, aquamarine
- Third Eye: sapphire, lapis, lazuli, turquoise
- Crown Chakra: amethyst, clear quartz