You can access all of our sister site, Private Practice Hub’s, past and upcoming webinars by becoming an Exclusive member for just £10 per year.
Early 2020 gave rise to the relaunch of Private Practice Hub’s, ‘Ask the Expert’ webinar series! The 20-minute episodes have been completely refreshed and reformatted and are led by expert host, Jayney Goddard.
The next Ask the Expert will be taking place on Thursday 25th June at 3.30pm and our guest this month is Dr Colin Clerkin from Your Practice Coach, part of Clerkin Psychology Services Ltd. Colin will be sharing advice on getting started in private practice, more information to follow. Please do share and sign up here.
More and more, helping professionals are open to the prospect of working for themselves, rather than seeking employment within the NHS or other agencies. Everyone considering this path faces the challenge of how to make it happen, asking: is this possible? Is it something I can do? Despite often spending many years acquiring the skills of their profession, training rarely addresses the “business” of therapy or how to create a practice and thrive. So therapists, of all levels of experience, find themselves stumbling around in the dark, making it up as they go along, making mistakes, suffering setbacks and frustrations from having to learn and adjust as they go, without support, feeling anxious and lost. This can lead to people giving up or missing out on opportunities that ultimately cost them money, when they could be earning a decent income.
Colin, a Clinical Psychologist and Coach, successfully runs a thriving psychology practice parallel to his coaching practice. He helps therapists, counsellors, coaches and helping professionals of all disciplines move from having an initial idea of wanting to work for themselves to making it a reality. He takes the uncertainty away by setting out a structure for people to follow to ensure solid foundations are laid for their new business.
Join the live webinar to gain:
– An understanding of the importance of treating your plans for your business as a business if you want to succeed
– Clarity about your “why” for your business
– Reassurance that you can make your dream of working for yourselves a reality
– Confidence that you can take your plans forward, safe in the knowledge that you are not overlooking something crucial for your business development
– Realise the importance of valuing your “offer” so that you price services in a way that will ensure you can make a living from your business dream